Flossing and brushing are insufficient for cleaning your entire mouth. Bacteria can accumulate in the small areas between your gums and teeth, which only a dentist can access and clean. Professional teeth cleanings, on the other hand, are used for more than just keeping your teeth white. Your dentist analyses the health of your teeth and gums and looks for anomalies that could otherwise go undiscovered. At Hansen Family Dental, we provide affordable dental services so that your oral health is never jeopardized.
What Is Dental Cleaning?
Cleaning your teeth thoroughly can remove plaque and tartar accumulation, lowering gum irritation and increasing gum health. Plaque is a harmful substance that forms on the surfaces of the teeth. It is induced by the mixing of food particles with saliva and is bacterial.
The Importance of Dental Cleanings
- Most stains that dull and discolor your teeth can be removed by our dentist, leaving you with a brighter, whiter smile.
- Cleaning your teeth can help prevent gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss.
- Every hour, one person dies from oral cancer, yet many of these diseases are treatable if identified early during a normal cleaning.
- There is a substantial association between cardiovascular illness and gum disease. Cleaning your teeth twice a year not only helps prevent gum disease but can also lower your risk of potentially fatal heart attacks and strokes.
- During a professional dental cleaning, our dentist can easily notice early indicators of problems including broken fillings and fractures.
- If our dentist discovers any major concerns during a teeth cleaning or exam, the clinic can assist you in making financial arrangements to finance the required operations.
What to Expect During Professional Cleaning Services?
Our dentist will carefully examine the state of your teeth and gums before scraping or scaling your teeth to remove all plaque. Following that, they will meticulously polish your teeth, resulting in smoother surfaces that make bacteria less likely to stick to your teeth. Because polishing your teeth removes surface stains, this can be a really pleasant therapy. As part of your hygiene checkup, you can undergo an oral cancer screening, which is a brief and non-invasive examination of the inside of your mouth. Gum disease is caused by plaque or tartar buildup. One such example is gingivitis or gum infection. This is a dangerous infection that causes the bone that protects the teeth to degenerate.
For the best dental care, contact Hansen Family Dental at (509) 547-9951 or come to our office at 6615 W Argent Rd, Pasco, WA 99301.